Grilled Rib-eye and summer vegetables with balsamic glazed onions
- 4 Grass-fed 8 oz. rib-eye steaks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic -chopped
- 1 large eggplant- sliced
- 1 green zucchini- sliced
- 1 yellow squash- sliced
- 1 red whole pepper
- 1 yellow whole pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix the garlic and oil- using half the mixture for the steaks and the rest for the vegetables.
2. Brush the steaks with half the garlic oil mixture, season with salt and pepper and leave to marinate (you can do this earlier on for an enhanced flavor)
3.Season the eggplant with salt and let it sit for 45 mins- then wash the salt off and dry the eggplant (optional)
4. Cover the veg with half the garlic oil mix and season with salt and pepper. Then cook them on the grill for 6-8 mins flipping them over half way.
5. You can then cut the peppers into slices
6. Cook the steaks on the grill for 3-4 mins and then flip over and cook for same amount of time. (remember grass-fed beef cooks faster than other beef, so we suggest searing the meat on high heat and then moving it to a lower heat to finish cooking it.)
7. For the balsamic onions, melt butter into a pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onions and let them cook until they are soft and golden- then add the balsamic and bring it to the boil. Continue cooking for as long as you want.
8. Now you can plate your veg and steaks and top with the balsamic onions.
If this sounds delicious then visit our website and order our grass-fed rib-eye steaks and try the recipe out for yourself.