We at Logic are always on the look-out for new and interesting ways in which to mix things up when we cook our various types of meat. Our ground-beef is super lean and extremely healthy- and although we are not opposed to the odd delicious home-made burger now and then, we like to use our ground in loads of other ways- which can taste great but still fit in with our healthy life-style.
It was actually when we were out having a meal with friends, that we thought we would try and re-create an amazing Asian style lettuce wrap that we all tasted that day. The end result was awesome- so of course, we are now going to share this delicious and very easy recipe with you, so you too can try it out for yourselves.
INGREDIENTS FOR BEEF:
- 1lb Grass-Fed ground Beef
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped/minced)
- 2 tbsp ginger (finely chopped/minced)
- 1 can water chestnuts (chopped)
- 5-6 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- A few splashes of soy sauce
- A few splashes of hoison sauce
- Splash of rice vinegar
- Splash sesame oil (dark)
- Chilli/Pepper sauce
Have a taste and then add a few more splashes of any of the above sauces depending on the taste you like and are going for- have fun with it and don’t be too strict with the recipe.
- Cook meat first (you can use the tsp of olive oil here, although you can also choose to leave it out, because it will cook in its’ own water
- Wash and set aside the lettuce leaves ready to serve up with the meal
- Once the meat has changed colour add in all the other ingredients at once
- Let this all cook and season it with salt, pepper, chilli flakes or red-chilli powder (if you like a bit of spice)- then this part is ready.
PERFECT-PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE:
¼ cup brown sugar (or less if you prefer)
½ cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp organic ketchup
Lemon juice (a few splashed or squeezes)
1 tbsp mustard
Splash sesame oil (dark)
1-2 tbsp garlic and chilli paste
All you have to do is mix all of this together and then add the secret ingredient which is a few spoons of creamy peanut butter.
This really is a great tasting and easy to make meal- so have a go and enjoy!